The event took place on 31st of January in Skopje, North Macedonia at Youth Cultural Center (MKC) which included more than 300 young people and different stakeholders (decision makers, NGO activists, diplomats, journalists) from both countries. The program of the cultural kickoff event was consisting of 6 multidimensional events:
- Official welcoming whereby the young people, participants on the event were officially welcomed by: H.E. Mr. Stevo Pendarovski, President of Republic of North Macedonia; H.E. Mr. Dimitris Yannakakis, Ambassador of Hellenic Republic; H.E. Ms. Kate Marie Byrnes, U.S. Ambassador H.E. Mr. Thomas Gerberich, Ambassador of Federal Republic of Germany; Mr. Andrej Zhernovski, Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs; Ms. Katerina Notopoulou, MP in the parliament of Greece; Mr. Metodija Stojceski, Coordinator of the iniative and Mr. Babis Papaioannou, Member of the Executive Committee of Youth Club of Thessaloniki for UNESCO.
- “Open mic session” During the open mic Ms. Irena Stefoska, MP in Macedonian Parliament, Ms. Uranija Pirovska, President of Helsinki Committee for Human Rights North Macedonia, Mr. Nikos Papakostas, member of the facilitation team and co-funder of Inter Alia, Greece , Ms. Mary Drosopulos, researcher at The Balkan Forum Greece, Ms. Aleksandra Kureta, professor of Greek language, Ms. Antonia Markoviti founder of National MCC ELSA Greece, Ms. Giorgos Papageorgiou founder of Katerini Youth Network and several more young people from the audience shared their experiences about cooperation and meetings with people from the two neighboring countries.
- The photo exhibition entitled “History of Cooperation” was guided and introduces to the participants by the creators of the photo exhibition.
- Debate on the motion “This house believes that young people should participate in the decision-making process from the early age” during the third session the debaters of the Youth Educational Forum from Skopje and AUEB Debating Society from Athens in mixed teams had 1-hour had an fruitful debate.
- The gastronomy route was prepared and presented of the young people, pupils of two gastronomy educational institutions Lazar Tanev, Skopje and IEK ALFA, Thessaloniki.
- Music performance named as a “Meet a musician from my country” of the two music bends THE BALGUNS (Greece) and CONTRUDJ (North Macedonia) had 2 hours performance.
Writing a research paper has been made easier today with nativenewsonline.net the availability of the net.